Tuesday, January 10, 2012

EOC Week 1: Opinion of "Haute Couture"

"Haute Couture"

The term Haute Couture is French, Haute means sewing, and Couture means elegant. From my understandings Haute Couture is high fashion, expensive material to make clothing. What little I know of it, I see that it’s very detailed work of clothing and that it’s all very detailed made by hand. Haute Couture is French so I assume that its high fashion clothing designed in France. From the movie that we viewed in class the Couture that was shown and that the photographer was photographing was clothing I would only see in fashion shows. The clothing was very nice and very detailed but it was clothing you would only see on the runway and never really see on someone in the high fashion industry walking on the streets. When I was observing the clothing from the movie, and from fashion shows I have seen of the models wearing the Haute Couture, the clothing did not look very comfortable, nor did it look like something easy to wear or walk in. Many top designers use the word “Haute Couture” as their special collections. And since these collections are such high quality they usually will not be put for sale. As I have research online of what more in-depth history of what Haute Couture is, I read, “The purchase of a haute couture model garment is at the top level of hand customized fashion design and clothing construction made by a couture design house.  A model haute couture garment is made specifically for the wearer's measurements and body stance.” (fashionschools.com) So pretty much what I had seen in high-end Couture fashion shows, and what I had observed in the movie is what I read and research online. Haute Couture is that type of clothing that only very few can afford. 

No comments:

Post a Comment