Monday, January 30, 2012

Competitive Project

Competitive Analysis Project

Sjodin Photography

Sjodin Photography is a well-rounded photography business. Going through her website, I was not very “wowed. Yes I saw that she definitely able to photography many different objects, landscapes etc. Looking at the photography business, there’s nothing that really catches my eye. I think that to me this is a lower level. Just looking at the website I feel like it is not that well organized or even an eye catching business. I feel like their weakness would be promoting themselves. Since our world of today revolves so much around technology I believe that having a great website with pictures that catch eyes of many really help make you a high-level business company.

Desert Ice Studios

The moment that this website uploaded, I was shocked. The home page was so inspiring. The picture of their home page is of their studio. The picture just gives a great vision of the setting of your photo-shoot. Right on their homepage the business also has an “about the studio.” Not only are they drawing you to hire them but also they want you to get to know them. This business at first may look like just for glamour but when you do your research I think that this business is a very high level company.

James Davis Travel Photography

This website is pretty basic but I really like it. Sometimes I think the more basic, can be very catchy. He has simple colors on his website, but chose pictures that stand out. His work really does a great job of explaining what he does, and how well he does his job. He does a great job of breaking down his categories of his travel experiences and of images he caught during his travels. Over all I really think this business is amazing and worth taking a look at, and just seeing what travel photography is all about.

Marcos Rivera Photography

Going to this website was an experience. It definitely was a much different type of photography then what I usually show interest in. I do have to saw it was pretty amazing and good. This type of photography is more towards the staging a scene from like a real life situation. As I have heard and read that this is becoming more common. As looking through the pictures I did think they were pretty amazing. One down fall I do see is that since this type of photography is becoming very popular, that you really have to be unique of your own work. I do feel that if this is the new up coming photography that soon this business may be just a glamorous business, if they don’t begin making their own work unique compare to all the other types of stage setting photographs by other photographers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment